Best Chicken Salsa for a Sensational Summer
Craving something on the “different” side of things? I sure was. It was also one of those “what do I have laying around” kind of days. I had chicken thighs and everything to do fajitas… except for tortillas and peppers. Okay, so not everything to make fajitas. Actually I didn’t even have fajita spice. So what now?
- 4 chicken thighs
- ½ package of taco seasoning (like Old el Passo)
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese – real cheese, the pre-shredded stuff doesn’t melt
- 1 cup of salsa, warmed
- 4 tbsp. of sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 green onions sliced on the bias
- Mexican rice, or rice and beans for serving
- Oil your grids and preheat your grill to medium-high, or about 400°F.
- In a Ziploc bag, unroll the thighs and toss the them with the taco seasoning until they are well coated.
- Keeping the thighs unrolled, grill them until they’re nearly done, about 5 minutes. When you’re almost ready to pull them off the grill, top them with cheese and let the cheese melt into the chicken.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of Mexican rice, or rice and beans, or plain rice, topped with ¼ cup of the warmed salsa, 1 tbsp. of sour cream and sprinkled with the chopped green onion.