Black Pepper Bacon Pork Burger with Apple Slaw
You won’t want to go back to your regular cheeseburger after this black pepper bacon burger with apple slaw recipe. One bite and you’ll be sold.
- 2 red apples (i.e., Braeburn, Gala, Fuji, etc.)
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound ground beef, very cold
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 kaiser rolls
- Whole grain mustard
- 3 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- Preheat BBQ to high heat.
- Quarter the apple and remove the core. Slice the apple into thin slices and then into a julienne.
- In a bowl, combine apple julienne, green onions, white wine vinegar, and sugar. Let marinade for 5-30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine beef, bacon, black pepper, and salt. Mix well until elastic and form 3 burgers.
- Grill over high heat until the beef is cooked through – about 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, coat the bottom of the Kaiser roll with whole grain mustard and place the burger. Top with cheese and apple slaw.